Wednesday, 11 July 2012

The long road.

I know it was a couple of years ago, but I'm not quite sure exactly when it all started, perhaps it was October. I remember it was dark.

Actually, it wasn't just dark, it was bitterly cold, there may have been rain. Sensible people were in bed. Then came the thought that eventually leads here, the kind of thought that often crosses the minds of people in their mid 30's for almost inexplicable reasons.

"I'm going to go for a run!"

That run turned out to be closer to a walk, there were noises involved that just didn't belong anywhere other than coming out of a badly played pair of bagpipes. As beginnings go, this one could have been called lacklustre.

This only made me stubborn.

Time marches on, and I'm now a couple of years down the line from that meagre beginning, along the way the one mile turned to two, then I went metric and focused on a more impressive sounding 5k, after a while 10k.. I even did a race, I got faster... I got injured.

And well, that's enough of the history lesson for now.  Here I am, a couple of years later, I've switched back to measuring things in imperial and decided to run a half marathon in Nottingham at the end of September.

Here is where I record my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment